The ideal Yoga class for High School aged girls and boys.
The physical aspects of Teens Yoga will stretch, strengthen and loosen up their body - which complements the sport they play by increasing focus and preventing injury AND is ideal for desk-sitters and slouchers.
Aside from the physical benefits, teenagers learn skills for coping with the unique issues they are faced with everyday: exams & expectations, stressful schedules & situations, friendships and relationships, and the enormous pressure to fit in.
Some documented benefits of Teens Yoga include:
- enhanced self-image
- learning to manage stress & enhance ability to bounce back after a stressful situation.
- improved emotional regulation, resilience & optimism
- boost mood & reduce anxiety
- increased social cohesion with family & peers
- revive focus & memory, therefore reflecting on their grades
- improve anger control & inertia
- reduced interest in experimenting with drugs & alcohol
We provide a safe, fun space where they don’t need to overachieve, offering Yoga-based tools to self-regulate pressure, stress and anxiety AND develop focus and confidence. They’ll truly relax with a combination of movement, breathing and gentle meditation & mindfulness techniques.
Sundays @ 5pm - all bookings through Yogabowl
Anita is a certified 'Rainbow Kids Yoga' teacher, and trained with Global Family Yoga in November 2015, to earn her certificate in 'Advanced Yoga for Children'.
Wondering what to do for your child's birthday party this year? We can tailor a 45min fun and engaging yoga class in line with the party theme!
Check out this great promo on the benefits of yoga for kids!